Sunday 26 April 2020


GOD’S DISCOVERIES ARE ALWAYS A BIG SURPRISE!

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. 

THE fear of being known is real. Ordinarily the face we wear outside is not the face we wear inside. It is what Adam and Eve realized upon their first guilt encounter and that shock still lives in us.

It is often only in closet – and alone with God – that we show him our true face. And this dissonance is at the root of our depressions – and our distractions. The latter keep us busy, but inside we fear the storm which is silently brewing may soon burst.

But it is possible to live without fear. Do you feel empty? Do you feel lost? Are you afraid? Turn to God and God alone and tell him so…

‘Search me, O LORD…’ cried King David. And that was after he began with such a strong affirmation that he was known! But being a believer does not shield one from spots of unbelief or doubt, especially at times like this. But God is faithful. He is near. He will hear and he will answer.

Being searched is painful. But it is necessary. It is why Frost lyricized… Two roads diverged in a wood/ and I— I took the one less traveled by/And that has made all the difference. It may be a lonely path to be counted with the few. But there has never been an easy road to freedom.

And so in these solitary confinements…in these empty streets…in these quiet wards and quiet nights…the stars are still up, and the daughters of music are still at play. And may you - in these vacant places - God make you to see and hear things you had never heard before.

HopeisnotAshamed                                  




No comments:

Post a Comment