Sunday 26 April 2020


SUCH KNOWLEDGE IS JUST TOO WONDERFUL!

Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. 
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. Psa 139:2-6 

Something happens when you know that God knows you – when you are as confident as David was. Why? Because you are confident that you are a sinner by nature. Because you know you have repented. Because you know no matter how much the devil throws darts of condemnation at you, you are eternally forgiven and preserved!

‘Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? (Rom 8:33-34). And because you know that – you know and know and know! That this world – this suffering, blood and tears are not permanent – they are passing away! You know and you know! That no matter what happens – what God has promised ahead is far, far much better than anything you have ever seen… ‘No eye hath seen or heard…’ And because you know that – you know that you are free at last!

When you have such assurance that God is acquainted with all your ways then you know that you have nothing to fear. Such knowledge is just too wonderful, David cried in ecstasy. Now wouldn’t you too? Wake up therefore, and sing!

HopeisnotAshamed

No comments:

Post a Comment